Intensive English Summer School Course (plus subjects)
Our Intensive English Summer School Course is for international students aged 8-17 who wish to improve their written and spoken English language skills, whilst also studying a range of subjects.
It was the first intensive English summer school course of its kind for international students and has now been running for over 25 years.
English Summer School – key points
This course is suitable for students who:
- Wish to improve the fluency and accuracy of their spoken and written English
- Are considering joining a British independent school and wish to improve their English language skills in this context (including exposure to some academic language through the subject lessons)
- Are already at a UK school but want to enhance their English language skills
- Want to sample independent school life and culture in England while socialising with students from different nationalities
- Want to acclimatise themselves or receive a boost by enrolling on an English summer school course prior to starting at a UK school in September
With English plus the addition of several lessons in different subjects – such as sciences, maths, history, geography, cultural studies, art, drama and computing – this intensive English summer course gives a taste of our academic year programme.
The variety of content and language is much appreciated by the students. They enjoy the interactive and dynamic lessons whilst developing their English throughout.
English Summer School – course details
- Very small class sizes (5 – 8 students)
- 30 lessons a week
- Optional additional individual tuition available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- All Common European Framework language levels offered from beginner (A1) to advanced (C2)
If you want to send your children to improve their English, send them here.
2019 course dates
The short courses will take place from:
- 3 July for 2, 4, 6, 7 or 8 weeks – course full
- 17 July for 2, 4, 5 or 6 weeks – course full
- 31 July for 2, 3 or 4 weeks – course full
- 14 August for 2 weeks – last few spaces remaining
The last two weeks (14-28 August) are ideal preparation for students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
2019 course fees
- Fees of £1390 per week include boarding house accommodation, all meals, all sports and excursions
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £105 per student each way
- Summer school photos and videos from our 2018 courses
- Slideshow video with photos and quotes from previous summer schools
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Summer 2019 Brochure (PDF)
- Blog post – Spend your holidays on an English summer course? You must be crazy …