Intensive English Summer School Course, plus subjects
Our Intensive English Course, plus subjects, has been running for over 25 years. It was the first English summer school course of its kind aimed at international students.
It is aimed at students aged 8-17 who:
- Wish to improve the fluency and accuracy of their spoken and written English
- Are considering joining a British independent school and wish to improve their English in this context, including exposure to some more academic language through the subject lessons
- Are already at a UK school but want to enhance their English language skills
- Want to sample independent school life and culture in England while socialising with students from different nationalities
- Want to acclimatise themselves or receive a boost by enrolling on an English summer school course prior to starting at a UK school in September
With English plus the addition of several lessons in different subjects – such as sciences, maths, history, geography, cultural studies, art, drama and computing – this Intensive English course gives a taste of our academic year programme.
The variety of content and language is much appreciated by the students. They enjoy the interactive and dynamic lessons whilst developing their English throughout.
English Summer School Course – Key Points
- Very small class sizes (5 – 8 students)
- 30 lessons a week
- Optional additional individual tuition available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- All Common European Framework language levels offered from beginner (A1) to advanced (C2)
If you want to send your children to improve their English, send them here.
Intensive English Course – 2018 Dates
Students can enrol on this Intensive English Summer School course for 2, 3, 4, 6 or 8 weeks:
- 4 July – for 2, 4, 6, 7 or 8 weeks
- 18 July – for 2, 4, 5 or 6 weeks
- 1 August – for 2, 3 or 4 weeks
- 15 August – for 2 weeks
If students intend to join a UK boarding school, we recommend a minimum of four weeks to gain the best benefit from this preparation. We run classes to the end of August, which are ideal for those about to start their new school in September.
Arrival and departure days are Wednesdays.
Intensive English Course – 2018 Fees
- £1345 per week – including boarding house accommodation, all meals, sports and excursions
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £100 per student each way
- Summer 2018 Brochure (PDF)
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Comments from previous summer school students
- Blog post – Spend your holidays at an English summer school? You must be crazy …