Intensive English Summer School Course (plus subjects)
Our Intensive English Summer School Course is for international students aged 8-17 who wish to improve their written and spoken English language skills, whilst also studying a range of subjects.
It was the first intensive English summer school course of its kind for international students and 2024 will be it’s 32nd anniversary.
English Summer School – key points
This course is suitable for students who:
- Wish to improve the fluency and accuracy of their spoken and written English
- Are considering joining a British independent school and wish to improve their English language skills in this context (including exposure to some academic language through the subject lessons)
- Are already at a UK school but want to enhance their English language skills
- Want to sample independent school life and culture in England while socialising with students from different nationalities
- Want to acclimatise themselves or receive a boost by enrolling on an English summer school course prior to starting at a UK school in September
With English plus the addition of several lessons in different subjects – such as sciences, maths, history, geography, cultural studies, art, drama and computing – this intensive English summer course gives a variety of content and language which is much appreciated by the students. They enjoy the interactive and dynamic lessons whilst developing their English throughout.
A key focus of our Intensive English lessons are the topics based projects the students collaborate on. These motivate students by allowing them to:
- practise the language they already know
- consolidate new language
- produce a visible piece of work – a presentation, a booklet, a blog, a role-play etc.
- collaborate with others and practise 21st century skills – essential soft skills students will need for success in the future
English Summer School – course details
- Very small class sizes (average 6 students)
- 30 lessons a week
- Optional additional individual tuition available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- All Common European Framework language levels offered from beginner (A1) to advanced (C2)
If you want to send your children to improve their English, send them here.
Summer school – 2024 dates
The short courses will take place from:
- 3 July 2024 for 2, 4 or 6 weeks
- 17 July 2024 for 2 or 4 weeks
- 31 July 2024 for 2 weeks
- 14 August 2024 – Final departure day
Summer school – 2024 fees
- Fees for all summer courses £1530 per week. This includes boarding house accommodation, all meals, all sports and excursions
- Early bird discount available if booked with a deposit by January 1st 2024
- Airport transfer service available form Heathrow, Gatwick and Bristol airports: £150 per student per journey
Below is our generic timetable for all our summer courses:
|1230-1400||Lunch||Packed Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Packed Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|1400-1445||Classes||Excursion||Classes||Sports & Activities||Excursion||Classes||Classes|
|1530-1800||Sports & Activities||Sports & Activities||Sports & Activities||Sports & Activities|
|2000-2130/2230||Evening Activities||Evening Activities||Evening Activities||Evening Activities||Evening Activities||Evening Activities||Evening Activities|