Intensive English Summer School Course (plus subjects)
Our Intensive English Summer School Course is for international students aged 8-17 who wish to improve their written and spoken English language skills, whilst also studying a range of subjects.
It was the first intensive English summer school course of its kind for international students and 2023 will be it’s 31st anniversary.
English Summer School – key points
This course is suitable for students who:
- Wish to improve the fluency and accuracy of their spoken and written English
- Are considering joining a British independent school and wish to improve their English language skills in this context (including exposure to some academic language through the subject lessons)
- Are already at a UK school but want to enhance their English language skills
- Want to sample independent school life and culture in England while socialising with students from different nationalities
- Want to acclimatise themselves or receive a boost by enrolling on an English summer school course prior to starting at a UK school in September
With English plus the addition of several lessons in different subjects – such as sciences, maths, history, geography, cultural studies, art, drama and computing – this intensive English summer course gives a variety of content and language which is much appreciated by the students. They enjoy the interactive and dynamic lessons whilst developing their English throughout.
A key focus of our Intensive English lessons are the topics based projects the students collaborate on. These motivate students by allowing them to:
- practise the language they already know
- consolidate new language
- produce a visible piece of work – a presentation, a booklet, a blog, a role-play etc.
- collaborate with others and practise 21st century skills – essential soft skills students will need for success in the future
English Summer School – course details
- Very small class sizes (5 – 8 students)
- 30 lessons a week
- Optional additional individual tuition available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- All Common European Framework language levels offered from beginner (A1) to advanced (C2)
If you want to send your children to improve their English, send them here.
Summer school – 2023 dates
The short courses will take place from:
- 5 July 2023 for 2, 4, 6 or 7 weeks
- 19 July 2023 for 2, 4, or 5 weeks
- 2 August 2023 for 2 or 3 weeks
- 16 August 2023 for 1 week
- 23 August 2023 – Final departure day
The last weeks of our summer school program are ideal preparation for international students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
Summer school – 2023 fees
- Fees for all summer courses £1440 per week. This includes boarding house accommodation, all meals, all sports and excursions
- Airport transfer service available – price to be confirmed
- Summer school photos from our 2019 courses
- General information and course options for our UK Summer school courses
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Summer Courses Brochure (PDF)
- Terms and Conditions