Intensive English Summer School Course (plus subjects)
Our Intensive English Summer School Course is for international students aged 8-17 who wish to improve their written and spoken English language skills, whilst also studying a range of subjects.
It was the first intensive English summer school course of its kind for international students and 2022 will be it’s 30th anniversary.
English Summer School – key points
This course is suitable for students who:
- Wish to improve the fluency and accuracy of their spoken and written English
- Are considering joining a British independent school and wish to improve their English language skills in this context (including exposure to some academic language through the subject lessons)
- Are already at a UK school but want to enhance their English language skills
- Want to sample independent school life and culture in England while socialising with students from different nationalities
- Want to acclimatise themselves or receive a boost by enrolling on an English summer school course prior to starting at a UK school in September
With English plus the addition of several lessons in different subjects – such as sciences, maths, history, geography, cultural studies, art, drama and computing – this intensive English summer course gives a variety of content and language which is much appreciated by the students. They enjoy the interactive and dynamic lessons whilst developing their English throughout.
A key focus of our Intensive English lessons are the topics based projects the students collaborate on. These motivate students by allowing them to:
- practise the language they already know
- consolidate new language
- produce a visible piece of work – a presentation, a booklet, a blog, a role-play etc.
- collaborate with others and practise 21st century skills – essential soft skills students will need for success in the future
English Summer School – course details
- Very small class sizes (5 – 8 students)
- 30 lessons a week
- Optional additional individual tuition available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- All Common European Framework language levels offered from beginner (A1) to advanced (C2)
If you want to send your children to improve their English, send them here.
Summer school – 2022 dates
The short courses will take place from:
- 29 June 2022 for 2,4,6 or 8 weeks
- 13 July 2022 for 2, 4 or 6 weeks
- 27 July 2022 for 2 or 4 weeks
- 10 August 2022 for 2 weeks
- 24 August 2022 – Final departure day
The last weeks of our summer school program (11 – 25 August 2021) are ideal preparation for international students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
Summer school – 2022 fees
- Fees of £1440 per week include boarding house accommodation, all meals, all sports and excursions
- Airport transfer service available