IGCSE / GCSE Mid Course Booster
This course is designed to give students, who have completed Year 10, a confident and successful start to their final IGCSE/GCSE year by revisiting material covered in the last year, as well as looking ahead to Year 11.
- Perfect preparation for school term GCSE / IGCSE courses at Sherborne International or other schools
- For students aged 13-17
- Very small class sizes (6 – 8 students)
- 30 lessons per week: 22hr 30m
- Six lessons in each of four chosen subjects plus six lessons of drama
- Essential study skills
- Experience of practical science
- Optional additional individual tuition classes available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- For students with CEFR level B1 and above
Students on this course can choose four subjects from: biology, chemistry, physics, maths and English.
Lessons consolidate and revise key areas of content and skills from Year 10, boosting motivation and reducing stress. Our small classes allow clarification and further explanation where individual students need it.
In the sciences, practical experiments are carried out to refresh and deepen students understanding of important topics and, in all subjects, the use of practice papers and questions, allows students to improve their exam technique by identifying keywords and recognising what it is examiners want to see.
Throughout, students develop their use of the English language appropriate for studying and for life in a boarding school and the UK generally. Students learn to analyse texts, develop research skills and present conclusions and results orally, in debates or in written form. Drama lessons help increase confidence in speaking and performing.
Students can come for the whole eight weeks or can register for 2, 4 or 7 weeks. For a thorough preparation, we recommend as much time as possible. You can study the same four subjects for the whole time, or may choose different subjects in different two-week sections.
IGCSE / GCSE Summer School – 2020 dates
The short courses will take place from:
- 8 July 2020 – for 2, 4 or 7 weeks
- 22 July 2020 – for 2 or 5 weeks
- 5 August 2020 – for 3 weeks
The last weeks of our summer school program (5 – 26 August 2020 ) are ideal preparation for international students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
Summer school – 2020 fees
- Fees of £1440 per week include boarding house accommodation, all meals, all sports and excursions
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £120 per student each way
- Summer school photos from our 2019 courses
- General information and course options for our UK Summer school courses
- Blog post – Spend your holidays at an English summer school? You must be crazy …
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Summer Courses Brochure (PDF)