Summer School Courses
Our UK summer school is for international students aged 8-17. Now in their 26th year, the summer courses are intensive and academic, but as well as working hard, students have lots of fun with an extensive choice of sports, activities and excursions.
UK summer school options
- Intensive English Summer School
- Specialist Academic Preparation for Starting GCSE / IGCSE
- Specialist Academic Preparation for starting A Level / IB
With very small class sizes (5 – 8 students per class) and an overall staff-student ratio of one member of staff to three students, parents can relax knowing their children are safe, happy, learning effectively and well looked after in a caring, family environment.
Located in the town of Sherborne, surrounded by beautiful English countryside, our summer school courses in the UK for international students are based on the same high-quality standards as our school term courses. Written academic and house reports are sent to parents every two weeks and all students receive a certificate of attendance.
Summer school – 2019 dates
Booking for our 2019 UK summer school opens in the last week of September 2018. The short courses will take place from:
- 3 July 2019 – for 2, 4, 6, 7 or 8 weeks
- 17 July 2019 – for 2, 4, 5 or 6 weeks
- 31 July 2019 – for 2, 3 or 4 weeks
- 14 August 2019 – for 2 weeks
The last two weeks of our summer school program (14-28 August 2019 ) are ideal preparation for international students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
Summer school – 2019 fees
- Fees of £1390 per week include boarding house accommodation, all meals, all sports and excursions
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £105 per student each way
- Summer school photos and videos from our 2018 courses
- Slideshow video with photos and quotes from previous summer schools
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Summer 2018 Brochure (PDF)
- Blog post – Spend your holidays on an English summer course? You must be crazy …