Summer School Courses
Our UK summer school courses are for international students aged 8-17. The courses are intensive and academic, but as well as working hard, students also have lots of fun with an extensive choice of sports, activities and excursions.
UK summer school options
- Intensive English Summer Course – English language plus subjects
- Starting GCSE / IGCSE Course – specialist academic preparation
- A Level or IB Preparation – specialist academic preparation
We have very small class sizes (5 – 8 students) and an overall staff-student ratio of 1:3. This means that parents can relax knowing their children are safe, happy, learning effectively and well looked after in a caring, family environment.
Located in the town of Sherborne, surrounded by beautiful English countryside, our UK summer school courses are based on the same high-quality standards as our school term courses. Written academic and house reports are sent to parents every two weeks and all students receive a certificate of attendance.
Summer school dates
There is now very limited availability on our 2018 summer school courses and some weeks are completely full:
- 4 July (for 2 weeks) – very limited availability
- 18 July (for 2 weeks) – completely full
- 1 August (for 2, 3 or 4 weeks) – very limited availability
- 15 August (for 2 weeks) – better availability
The last two weeks (15-29 August) are ideal preparation for students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
Summer school fees
- £1345 per week – including boarding house accommodation, all meals, sports and excursions
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £100 per student each way
- Slideshow video with photos and quotes from previous summer schools
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Summer 2018 Brochure (PDF)
- Blog post – Spend your holidays at an English summer school? You must be crazy …