Pre-Sixth Form Course
Our non-examined Pre-Sixth Form Course can be entered for one or two terms, starting in January or April. It is perfect for students who have been offered a sixth-form place or are in the process of applying for one.
It aims to help students develop a range of academic skills to better prepare them for sixth-form study. It is intentionally a broad course to ensure that students become articulate and therefore will fit into a sophisticated group of Sixth Form students in their future school.
Students will be taught for 36 periods a week to include:
- English (aiming for Academic IELTS)
- A variety of other subject areas, which are likely to include: Business and Economics; Humanities and Social Science; Natural Science; Philosophy, Ethics and Politics; and the Arts
Skills that students will develop will include:
- Research skills
- Projects and collaborative group work
- Analysis and evaluation of information
- Academic writing and referencing
- Presentation and other verbal skills