Intensive English Course (plus subjects)
Sherborne International is not running Easter courses in 2022, however, Sherborne School is planning to offer an Intensive English Course (plus subjects) designed to develop the English language skills of students through classes in English and other school subjects. Perfect for students looking to improve their English, and also provides general academic preparation for British boarding schools.
This course is available as Full Boarding or as a Day Course.
The lessons are lively and interesting and all aspects of the English language are covered. Students become more confident about using English, especially spoken English, as emphasis is placed on clear and assured communication.
Also included in the timetable are subject lessons taught in English including geography, history, science, mathematics, computing, art and drama. This provides interesting variety and increases English vocabulary and language development.
Intensive English Course – key points
- For 13 – 17 year olds
- Very small class sizes (maximum 12 students)
- Attend for one, two or three weeks
- 30 lessons a week (22.5 hours)
- Highly experienced teaching team
- Self study days on Saturdays and Sunday excursions for students who wish to stay on
Intensive English Course – 2022
Sherborne School proposed Intensive English Courses are planned to run from March 28 – 14 April 2022
Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April 2022
- Classes start 9:10am on Monday 28 March
- Classes finish 3:30pm on Friday 1 April
- Boarding students arrive Sunday 27 March 1800 latest
Week 2: Monday 4 – Friday 8 April 2022
- Classes start 9:10am on Monday 4 April
- Classes finish 3:30pm on Friday 8 April
- Boarding students arrive Sunday 3 April 1800 latest
Week 3: Monday 11 – Thursday 14 April 2022
- Classes start 9:10am on Monday 11 April
- Classes finish 3:30pm on Thursday 14 April
- Boarding students arrive Sunday 10 April 1800 latest
Intensive English Course – 2022 fees to be confirmed shortly
- Fees of £? per week include boarding house accommodation and all meals
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £130 per student each way
- Fees of £? per week.
- Includes tuition of six lessons (4½ hours) each day; testing; learning materials, texts and educational resources; written
academic reports and certificate; WiFi; breakfast (from 8am), lunch, morning snacks and refreshment.
- Option to add dinner and overnight stay if required (extra cost – discussed when registering).
More information coming shortly
Please register your interest and we will contact you when details are confirmed.