Intensive English Course (plus subjects)
Our Intensive English Course (plus subjects) is designed to develop the English language skills of students through classes in English and other school subjects. It is perfect for students looking to improve their English, and also provides general academic preparation for British boarding schools.
This course is available as Full Boarding or as a Day Course (see below for fees).
The lessons are lively and interesting and all aspects of the English language are covered. Students become more confident about using English, especially spoken English, as emphasis is placed on clear and assured communication.
Also included in the timetable are subject lessons taught in English including geography, history, science, mathematics, computing, art and drama. This provides interesting variety and increases English vocabulary and language development.
Intensive English Course – key points
- For 13 – 17 year olds
- Very small class sizes (5 – 8 students)
- Attend for one or two weeks
- 30 lessons a week (22.5 hours)
- Highly experienced teaching team
Intensive English Course – 2021 dates
Our Intensive English Course runs from 5 – 17 April 2021.
Week 1: Monday 5 April – Saturday 10 April 2021
- Students arrive on Monday 5 April by 6pm
- Classes start 9:10am on Tuesday 6 April
- Classes finish 3:30pm on Saturday 10 April
- Students leave after 4pm on Saturday 10 April or the next morning
Week 2: Sunday 11 – Friday 16 April 2021
- Students arrive on Sunday 11 April by 6pm
- Classes start 9:10am on Monday 12 April
- Classes finish 3:30pm on Friday 16 April
- Students leave after 4pm on Friday 16 April or the next morning
Students attending for both weeks go on an all-day excursion on the middle Sunday.
Intensive English Course – 2020 fees (2021 fees to be confirmed)
- Fees of £1440 per week include boarding house accommodation and all meals
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £120 per student each way
- Fees of £980 per week.
- Includes tuition of six lessons (4½ hours) each day; testing; learning materials, texts and educational resources; written
academic reports and certificate; WiFi and Sunday excursion (where applicable); breakfast (from 8am), lunch, morning snacks and refreshment.
- Option to add dinner and overnight stay if required (extra cost – discussed when registering).
For more information, view our Spring Courses Brochure.